Savonlinna Christian Institute
Saturday to Sunday June 27th – July 5th 2019
Individual teaching in the following instruments
- french horn
- classical singing
- pop-jazz singing
- piano (some places/teacher)
- double bass
Saturday June 27th
From 5:30 pm
Registration and check-in for the accommodation at the front desk in the lobby of the main building of Ritala. (Accommodation may be available after 2 pm.)
Opening event and introduction. The teachers who have already arrived will introduce themselves and gather their students in order to confirm the schedules. Also the practice schedules for different orchestras and ensembles will be confirmed (commuter students should also be present!). Parents are welcome to attend.
Sunday to Saturday June 30th – July 6th
The basic program for each day (please note that any changes will be communicated on the flip chart in the dining room lobby)
9:00 am-12:00 pm.
12:00 pm-1:00 pm.
Teaching, string orchestra, ensembles, part rehearsal, school assembly hall
Personal practice time
(Optional, included in the course fee)
- Singing students have a chance to observe singing teaching at the Savonlinna Music Academy in the Savonlinna Music Institute.
- Creative movement, Lisa Pälikkö
- Performances by camp participants
- Body training and stretching , Lisa Pälikkö.
- Get-together, making crepes and grilling sausage. Sunday June 28th from 8:00 pm outside if the weather permits. July 2nd will be another chance to cook evening snacks at the camp fire starting at 7:30 pm.
- Playing and games and other activities on some evenings for younger ones (older ones are also welcome).
- The orchestras, the choir and different instrumental and singing ensembles are included in the course fee. Lessons under ”other activities” are also included.
What is included in ”other activities”?
Body training and stretching, Lisa Pälikkö.
The lessons include muscle stretching and body control/poise exercises. The lessons also include exercises that increase balance and ergonomic movement.
Creative movement, Lisa Pälikkö.
Creating our own movements for expressing emotions both individually and in groups. We will do different exercises and create our own choreography. Previous experience in dancing is not necessary. The lessons are for students over 12 years old. Each lesson is 60 minutes.
Sunday July 5th, the Final Concert
9:00 am-12:00 pm.
Dress rehearsal for those performing in the final concert (the timetable will be confirmed later along with the concert timetable).
Before 10:00 am.
Check-out from the accommodation. (Luggage can be left at the reception desk.)
About 11:30 am-12:30 pm
1:00 – 2:00 pm.
The final concert at the Savonlinna Christian Institute.
Coffee and snacks. Time to go home.
Any changes to the schedule will be announced at the opening event and during the camp on the flip chart.
We reserve the right to make changes.